Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Senior Prizegiving 2010

Again, I am lacking a cool and witty title. However, I will pass on cool titles for a sentimental and meaningful post instead.

Firstly, thank you Alejandro for a beautiful photo! I will frame it and put in on my shelf fo sure!

Jess and I arrived a little bit off 6:30pm and found the lovely Mr Gould fretting over our seats! I was picked to deliver a flower pin-thing to Mr Lewis' wife.

Me: "Ms Sterling? Who's that?"
Gould: "... that's Mr Lewis' wife"
Me: *slightly awkward pause*

The powhiri was intense with one girl in particular (Jana help me out?) who was going so all out! I was scared and impressed. Then to Kevin Glubb's speech... followed by Year 11 prizes. That was niceeee. Well done in particular to Adeel my lovely! Owning up in Drama :) No pressure to do it next year kiddo! ;)

Music performance by the string quartet - a highly professional group whom I have come to really admire and love!

Year 12s. Well done to all of my kids who got prizes! You know who you are. Fat LOL to Zak for sharing the Drama cup with Jess.

After an always excellent performance by Big Band - Mr Lewis' 20 minutes speech. I was told after that the staff bet on how long he takes and then chase up on it at a big staff piss up in F block. LOLLLLZZ.

Year 13 prizes. What a nice surprise! Congratulations to you subject winners and an even bigger one to special prize winners. I won the Moppy Williams Cup for spirit towards Taurewa Camp only to have my first name left out :( Being fixed :) I also won the Phil Raffils Memorial Scholarship. This gave me a handy sum of money which I shan't disclose. Let's just say I bought a camera.

I want to thank everyone who has supported me and helped me to do well academically and through service at Avondale College. To the ones who made it harder for me, thanks too. I appreciate your crap because it only made me strive harder. This will pay off in uni I am hoping?

Oh yes.

Time to use the camera.


2 comments:

  1. "Music performance by the string quartet - a highly professional group whom I have come to really admire and love!"
    Thanks for the mention lovely Marina.. but a quartet has 4 people - and we had just a few more than that :P

    Plus congrats on the Phil Raffils Schol - its a nice 'little' sum that you recieve isnt it? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh deary! String ENSEMBLE! Many apologies Alison! :P

    ReplyDelete